I get my first goat tomorrow!
Can I put a picture in? Yes, there he is. Adorable little critter, ain't he? About three times that size, now, should be.
And now I can be thankful nobody is reading this, or I might be subject to all kinds of "getting my goat" jokes.
I'm not ready, been working for ages and I'm tired and sore and still have so much to do. You know what's not fun? Moving gravel. Fencing, also not so much fun, but not nearly as painful.
Next week I get two more goats! Finally I get to realize my life-long dream of becoming a goat farmer. Ok, not life-long. Since about last summer, when I read The Hunger Games. Prim's goat made an impression on me. Why don't I have any useful animals? Actually, one of the dogs is kinda useful. He's pretty good at running off predators, now that he's learned not to kill the chickens. Hmm. Other dog is good for keeping my feet warm at night, that's pretty useful. And the chickens, obviously - don't have to buy eggs most of the year, if I can figure out where they're laying. Suppose the cats are... emotional therapy?
But the ponies, not sure what they're good for. They contribute... manure. Ok, for gardening. They are totally justified.
But the goats really will be useful.
I don't know why my family keeps rolling their eyes at me.
GOATS!
ReplyDeletegoats.
ReplyDelete