Saturday, March 26, 2011

but long as it's all set up, might as well use it, right

Ah, a brand spanking new fresh blog!  Without all the drama and craziness and scary history of the old one... not that there was any.  

Moving on now.

I may abandon this pretty quick, I dunno.

On swearing:  I try not to in other people's, well, minors' blogs, and blogs frequented  by minors.  I likely won't try so hard here, sorry.  I swear a lot IRL, maybe because I came to it late.  I remember high school friends trying to protect my ears - well, the stoner friends, not the nerdy friends.  Nerdy friends weren't so prone to bad language.  Please note I was never a stoner myself, and I don't advocate that.  Just, all my friends were oddballs one way or another.

My kids learned to swear in context as they learned to talk.  Strangely, they don't much now.  Well, the 5yo doesn't much.  I can't even remember the last time the 11yo did.  Sometimes I try to curtail my language for her pre-teen sensibilities.  Usually I fail.  Then when I try to correct myself, she laughs hysterically.  At me.  :-P

I love my kids.  :-D

And ooh, not sure about font color.  Hmm.

4 comments:

  1. I don't mind swearing, I just call it "having an extended vocabulary"

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-D Yup, they're just words. They express things. I find the intent more important than the letters used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed. Words are words are words...

    *trails off*

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA I laugh at you!!!

    are words are words are words are words are words are words are words are words are words....

    ReplyDelete