All none of you.
This is my truck.
Her name is Winifred. I call her Win (not to be confused with Vedic Winn) or Winnie (not to be confused with whinny). She's not even my truck really. She's on permanent loan from over-generous friends. They don't really need a truck, but they can't sell cause they borrowed money against her. I, as it happens, very often need a truck.
Now, if I were a good friend, I would pay them for the truck so they could pay her off.
But I'm a terrible friend. If we ever have money, there's always something that seems more pressing. Like car repairs. Come to think of it, there seems to be a huge correlation between coming into a little money, and a car breaking and needing replaced or repaired.
Also, goats. I got some money for Christmas, and instead of making a payment on the truck, I saved it for goats.
Lately Win has had a little problem. The brake light comes on randomly. Today I had to take the trailer to tire place cause a couple of the tires were going flat (turned out they both had nails in them, so I guess I can understand their feelings on the not-wanting-to-stay-inflated thing) so I asked for a brake check, which they did for free! Sweet. But then they told me she needed new brakes ($640) and new ball joints ($1060). Well, that is more than my entire goat fund, which btw I am planning to spend Saturday morning, so, um, I declined. But I am planning to drive pretty far on bad roads to get said goats, so brakelessness is kinda undesirable.
So I went to the parts shop a couple blocks away, and bought brake pads for $60, and inquired about ball joints (half the price), and they even rent the tool to install them for basically free. Sadly, the tool was out already. :-( But it sounded pretty easy, and my husband is pretty good with the car repairs cause his dad was, and taught him some useful skills. My dad taught me completely different things, like how to appreciate classical music, and some things about astronomy, and critical thinking skills. That last actually comes in handy at times. Being able to fix cars would be even better, though, especially since dh doesn't especially enjoy it, and I think I would.
Anyway, brakes are fixed, and ball joints should be able to be fixed in about a week for approximately $200 instead of $1100, so. Yay. All I have to do is drive very, very carefully this weekend.
I do feel slightly bad that they took all that time to check things out for me and all, and they are not going to get any paid work out of it. Tire store employees want to be able to feed their kids, too. :-/
Wow, I started typing then I couldn't shut up.
This concludes my post about the most useful vehicle ever.
You named the truck Winifred? You never told me that! :/ Is your keyboard broken? You seem to be using a lot of Cs.
ReplyDeleteTrucks are awesome!
ReplyDelete:D
Santa! :D
ReplyDelete