Monday, May 30, 2011

for Kallista

Dear Michelle's parents,

First of all, let me tell you I'm a parent myself.  I have two daughters, two beautiful, intelligent and kind girls I am blessed to call my children.  I'm sure you know how that feels.

I would be just as happy and proud if Kallista were my child.  She is a remarkable young woman.  I rarely see such compassion and wisdom, such concern for others, even in adults.  She honestly just wants everyone to be well and happy.  She encourages everyone.  She's happy when others are happy, and she always, always lifts us up when we're down.  I have never seen her say an unkind or rude word to anyone.

I'm very fortunate to know her.  I'm even more fortunate that my daughter knows her, because I can't imagine a better role model.

I hope you understand what a treasure you have in your girl.

Sincerely,
Ann Marie

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and you're going on about how you don't like them and don't think they're even poems?

    You. Are. Such. A. DORK.

    They were fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Seem like"? They ARE poems, fantastic ones.

    Never doubt yourself. They are the best I've read from anyone here, as good as anything I've seen published.

    Also knowing it was you speaking - the subject of the first was obvious. I don't know who else you think there is, but I'm crying for you. :-( And I can't guess the subject of the second, but that made me cry, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my experience, it doesn't. But it hurts all the same.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I haven't noticed that you've been replaced, though I might miss some that goes on in comment threads on other blogs.

    I would never abandon someone I loved because I found I loved someone else, too. I doubt the person in question is likely to be stingy in his affections.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to assume this is what you posted to Aquila about? I didn't see her today; maybe she just wasn't on when you were?

    Even if so - have you considered the possibility that you're not the one in the wrong, and you didn't deserve to be brushed off?

    I don't know how big a mistake you actually made, or why it even was one, but your apology was sincere. If she didn't acknowledge it, I think that's her issue.

    It's completely normal and human to make mistakes. That's how we learn. She's not immune to them, either. Neither am I. Neither is anyone else.

    Don't hate yourself for your mistakes. Learn what you can from them, forgive yourself, and move on. Nobody will give you cookies for wallowing. :-/

    *hugs* You're a good person. I believe in you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *hugs tight*

    Ever at a loss for the right thing to say?

    I only know the story from your perspective, but it sounds like you've been treated unfairly. I hope there's just a lot of miscommunication going on.

    I'm sorry I don't know exactly how to help you. If you ever just want to vent, though, I don't mind you using this space if you feel safe here.

    ((((Kallista))))

    ReplyDelete